end of the year thoughts

image

Today, I was looking through my planner and realized that I barely wrote anything for the months of November and December. Which makes sense because they were the most challenging times for me this year. Early November, there was a devastating typhoon in the Philippines, where the rest of my family still lives. Then I organized a successful online fundraiser with my friend Mai. December came, all the stress must have taken its toll on me, and I got very sick that I couldn't work for two weeks. It's all a blur really.

I am feeling much better now, though still not fully recovered, so I had to cancel my holiday travel plans and stay home instead. Once again, I learned the hard way, to never take my health for granted and take care of myself first. Which is exactly what I've been doing these days - reading, taking naps, writing, and reflecting on everything that happened to me this year.

Despite all the challenges, 2013 gave me the very best gifts. I've read the most beautiful books and met some favorite authors in person. I also attended film festivals and screenings and saw a lot of great movies. I've written letters, gone on long hikes, watched spectacular sunsets, and spent meaningful time with friends and loved ones. There were so many little moments that took my breath away this year, some of them I captured on my Instagram, and it warms my heart to look back at them now.

And perhaps the most important gift of all, is a story that came to me last spring, and I have been working on it ever since. I don't know yet what's going to happen to it, but when I went to the Conservatory of Flowers last Friday, I tossed a coin in the fountain and made a birthday wish. And my wish was this: to write the book I need to write, as best as I could.

Happy New Year, my dear friends. See you all in 2014. Cheers!

P.S. As my tradition in this blog, here are some photos from my birthday.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Photos: birthday latte / sweet puppy outside the cafe / reading at the park / all bundled up

2 comments:

  1. ☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆ HAPPY NEW YEAR! ☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆ !!! Take care of yourself sweetie!

    I love your dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amelia. Hope 2014 is treating you well, thus far.

      Delete